Sunday, April 29, 2012

Into the wild blue yonder

I got there early, as soon as the gates opened at 10:00.  Traffic was not bad then and we were directed to follow the signs to a parking area that I'm really familiar with, the one in front of the C-5 building.  Got parked pretty easily and I was on the third bus to the flight line.  No wait whatsoever.  The bus was nice and air conditioned with comfy padded seats on both sides.  Happy girl.

Once inside the air show, I walked around and took a few pictures and then made my way down to the runway to get a good place to sit.  There were already thousands of people there!  I had my water, my sunscreen, my ear plugs, my umbrella to keep the sun off me and my camera.  Here are a few pictures from my day!


As soon as I got good and settled, the shoes came off!

The crowd sitting around me!

 They played the National Anthem right here and it was quite moving, to say the least.  My emotions surprised me.


I really liked how this picture turned out!  These two pilots were amazing.  One big plane, one little plane and they were in perfect sync with each other.  
I pretty much sat there the whole time with my mouth hanging open.

 The F-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang

I had to take a few pics of the patches for my Larry!  I thought this one was pretty dang hilarious.  I still haven't figured out if it's the vet or his wife (or both!) who's dysfunctional.  :)

This is the biggest oxymoron I've seen yet.  :(

I left around 1:30.  Didn't even stay for the Blue Angels.  It was just SO hot and despite the sunscreen, I could feel my skin burning.  I know my limitations with my creamy white skin that does NOT tan.  And there were so many people but I never did run into any of my friends so I decided that 3 1/2 hours was enough.

I came home, took a shower and watched the Angels from my backyard.  :)  It was a great day!

 

2 comments:

  1. GREAT pics! Soooo interesting, girl.
    Glad you had a good experience, too.
    Watchin frm home is the best revenge...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun. It is good to hear a positive report about the day. Watching from your yard was a good idea at least less up-front noise. Love you

    ReplyDelete