Thursday, July 22, 2010

Support Your Local Squash

Oh, I just love a farmer's market!! We have a new one here in Warner Robins, International City Farmer's Market, that opened three weeks ago on Commercial Circle. It's open on Thursdays from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the corner of Watson and Davis. I braved that 112 degree heat index today after work in search of squash for supper and they only had three squashes left but that was a'plenty! They said most everything is gone by 5:00. I'll definitely be going back! They're going to have it until around Thanksgiving and I hope it just gets bigger and bigger as the months go by. I saw lots of homemade soap, candles, fresh goat's milk, beeswax and honey. There was a guy there selling fresh free range brown eggs and I got a dozen of those and a huge bunch of fresh basil that smells so good I had to eat some on the way home and some yummy homemade strawberry-fig preserves. I love the Scripture on the jar, "Taste and see that the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8". He sure is. All the time.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool. We need to go to the one in downtown Macon that they have every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good and we have enjoyed Chases and Browns markets and the elberta peaches will be ready the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete