Friday, July 23, 2010

I Swear I'd Wear Him Like A Scrunchie

(That's my favorite TB quote!)

I am so crazy about HBO's True Blood right now. It's sexy, bloody, downright hilarious at times and nothing is ever as it seems. It's full of twists and turns and every episode leaves me wanting more. I subscribed to HBO again after canceling it when Sex And The City ended. It is THAT good. It's Twilight for us grown-ups and I LOVE it. It's my not-so-guilty pleasure!

Today at lunch I stopped by Books-A-Million and got the first book the show's based on, from the Southern Vampire Mysteries series by Charlaine Harris.

Dead Until Dark.

This is what the back says:

Sookie Stackhouse is a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. She's quiet, keeps to herself and doesn't get out much. Not because she's not pretty. She is. It's just that, well. Sookie has this sort of "disability." She can read minds. And that doesn't make her too dateable. And then along comes Bill. He's tall, dark, handsome --- and Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's exactly the type of guy she's been waiting for all her life...

But Bill has a disability of his own: He's a vampire with a bad reputation. He hangs with a seriously creepy crowd, all suspected of --- big surprise ---murder. And when one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next...

But we already know how that turns out, don't we??

No comments:

Post a Comment