Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Interview Meme

1 - Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

My questions came from my friend, Brandy.

1. Why did you decide to go back to school and why did you choose electronics?

I've thought for several years that I'd like to go back to school and learn something totally new. I'd spent 20 years of my life working in the financial industry, in loan offices, and when I was laid off by Citigroup last year, I thought more and more about the school thing. I always said if I EVER got out of finance, I'd never go back. I really hated it. I hated charging people high interest rates, I hated calling them to collect payments, I hated the long month-end closeouts. There really was nothing I liked about the business. I'd just done it for so long, I felt stuck. I decided on electronics because (1) it was something totally new and (2) the school has an awesome co-op program with the Air Force base here. My plan is to get a job on base and be set for the next 25 years!

2. How on earth did you find my blog? (I know this one's weird but I can't for the life of me figure it out.)

I found you through good old Google. About five years ago, I started spending a lot of time online researching and learning about simple, organic living. I was just fed up with the fast-paced, wasteful, harmful way the world was living all around me and I wanted to separate myself from that. I learned how to make soap online and taught myself. I learned how to make chemical-free cleaning products to use in my house and I started recycling and composting. One day during my searching, I happened upon your blog. You tagged your blog with all the things I was looking for! And now we're friends. It was Divine Intervention! :)

3. Tell me about growing up in Georgia--your family, your neighborhood, etc.

I am the oldest child of three. I have a brother, Ricky, who is 15 months younger than me, and a sister, Ami, who is 9 years younger than me. I had a very, very happy childhood with a loving, hard-working daddy and a devoted, protective mama. I grew up in the country, on a dirt road, in a small house that to this day, I consider home. When I dream about home, I dream about that house. It's really weird. I've been gone from there longer than I lived there. My favorite memories are of the summers I spent there growing up, playing outside with my brother until 9:00 at night, catching lightning bugs and eating honeysuckle. I will still eat a honeysuckle bloom if I see it!

4. Tell me about the best day you've ever had, so far. ;-)

I have had SO MANY great days!! But I guess the best day I've had in my life so far would probably be my wedding day. Larry and I were so blessed to have all four of our parents there and it was just the sweetest, most romantic little wedding. He's the man I've wanted all of my life and it only took me 21 years to find him!

5. Do you feel like the South Beach Diet has changed the way you eat forever? Why or why not?

This is a definite YES! I've only been doing this for four months but I have already changed the way I think about food. I used to just drive through somewhere and get something and not think twice about what I was doing. I don't even want that stuff anymore. I'm not saying I won't get in a pinch and grab a cheeseburger from time to time, but this diet is the easiest one I've EVER tried and I have been on so many diets. It works!!

6. Just for fun, what does happen if you give a pig a pancake?

Ha!! She won't be satisfied. "If you give a pig a pancake, she'll want some syrup to go with it. You'll give her some of your favorite maple syrup. She'll probably get all sticky, so she'll want to take a bath." It's hilarious. You should read it to Fred.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Gee whiz, I wish you lived closer. Then, you could read about the pig and the pancake to the Fred yourself. :-) We're coming to GA at the end of July--maybe you can!

    ReplyDelete