Thursday, July 18, 2019

She wears her scars like a warrior...

...for they remind her that SHE SURVIVED.

The final cast came off my foot yesterday.  Thank you, Jesus!  It feels so good to be free of that thing.  My foot is still so jacked up and I don't know if it'll ever be "normal".  I still have pain in the joint and burning in my toes.  It's also popping and snapping like crazy and feels wobbly.  I am done, though.  It's just gonna have to get better on its own or get to some point where I can manage it and live a normal life.  

It's ugly.  Horribly scarred.  Red.  Still has a tiny opening.  But it looks SO MUCH BETTER than it did.  I'm using a vitamin E, coconut oil salve on it every day and I read that aloe helps fade scars, too.  We have a massive aloe plant out on the patio.  I don't know how much better it'll get but I'm going to help it all I can.  My skin graft scar is probably as good as it's going to get but I rub that salve on it every day, too.

My scars are my battle wounds, beautiful in their own way.  They show what I've been through and what I GOT THROUGH.  All the nights I told Larry, "I'm not going to survive this" and the pain, oh my God, the pain.  There were times, very dark scary nights, that I believed that I would not survive these wounds but I prayed so hard that I would.  And it looks like I did.  Or I'm going to!  God is so good to us.  

Here's my poor little war-torn foot.  It's been through so much trauma and I'm not putting it through any more.  No more cutting, no more messing with it.  It is what it is.  Whatever that turns out to be.


I'll wear these scars forever, as proof that our God HEALS.

1 comment:

  1. The scars you don't see aloe can't help. God works like a guvmint mule to do that. LARRY

    ReplyDelete