Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Disney Dooney Day!!

I have never in my life had a pocketbook that cost more than $25.  I had a Liz Claiborne years ago that I got for $13 at the outlet store outside Atlanta and I've picked up several Vera Bradley and Lilly Pulitzer bags for cheap here and there at estate sales.  In fact, my friend, Kim, gave me a VB for Easter.  

Lately, though, I've been eyeing Dooneys on QVC and I decided I was gonna get me one for my birthday next month.  Easy Pay and all that.  Less sting.

But then!  I saw the DISNEY Dooneys and fell head over freakin' heels in love with them.  I love Disney.  I've been to Disney World three times in my life, the last time almost three years ago when Larry and I went to Orlando for a week.  I was going back and forth from the It's A Small World bag (because that is my FAVORITE RIDE EVER OMG, from riding it with my mama and daddy and brother my very first time at Disney World the summer I turned 7) to the Sketch, which has just about everything about Disney on it, including that amazing Mickey Mouse chocolate-covered ice cream bar that is literally heaven on earth when you've walked 12 miles and you're about to pass out from the heat and being fat.  Oh, it's so good.  And now I hear they'll be in stores soon for a very limited time.  I will buy every box I see.

Anyway, I had to go to the doctor last week about my wrist pain and lo and behold, this lady sat down beside me in the waiting room with a Disney Dooney Sketch bag!!  I saw one!  In the wild!  In real life!  I said, "OMG, you have a Disney Dooney!" and she said she bought it SEVEN YEARS ago in Disney Springs and uses it every day (except during football season, she's got a UGA Dooney for then) and it still looked brand new.  No fraying of the handles, no wearing on the bottom.  What??  That made up my mind for me.  

Larry bought me one for Mother's Day!  We were a little late ordering it (because I couldn't MAKE UP MY MIND) and I got it today!  

Let's unbox, shall we??


Disney tissue paper!!  Squeeeee!  How many characters can you name??


There she is!!  Carefully wrapped in tissue and plastic.  
They do a GREAT job with shipping!


More tissue paper!  


Ta-da!!  Cute as a button and holding ALLLLL my stuff.  I love it!!  I also lovelovelove Spartina 449 and I got their market tote for the summer in their Moonglade pattern a couple weeks ago.

I've been through H-E-double-hockey-sticks the past six months with this foot and if I EVER get back to work, I'll be ready.  Bagwise, anyway.  Looks like surgery number FOUR will be next week.  The MRI showed fluid in my ankle joint that looked like infection so doc's gonna go in and draw it off, have it tested and then we'll treat it accordingly.  If it's infection, I may have to go on IV antibiotics with a PICC line to try and stop it from absessing and damaging the bone.  Please continue to pray for us.

When this is over and I can walk 12 miles, in the heat while being fat, we goin' to Disney World!

1 comment:

  1. Ginger has been through an enormous amount of travail and I'm happy for the distraction from her pain when she gets something she has pined for. She and I have come a very long way in these past 6 years, and while there are still some challenges ahead, there are also pocketbooks and playgrounds around the next bend as well. LARRY

    ReplyDelete