Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Three weeks

Today is three weeks since my surgery and while the incision pain is better at times (but at night, OMG), I still don't feel much difference in the nerve pain.  My foot still burns and my toes still feel like they have electric current running through them (and they "crackle" when they are touched!  Ow!).  My toes also have a sharp biting pain at times, too, like something with really sharp teeth is biting them.  And it's not Kizzi!

I have bouts of sadness, tears and a general feeling of self-pity, and then sometimes I'm okay with it.  I wish I'd never had the surgery, that's a fact, Jack, but I did and I have to live with that decision.  This whole experience has been a nightmare, physically, emotionally and now financially, since Worker's Comp has not paid me yet.  They owe me $2,300!  


My doctor was not able to take out the staples last week because my foot was still badly swollen and there's a huge hematoma underneath the incision so he put me in a cast to wear for another two weeks.  Notice I said staples and not stitches.  I have 17 metal staples in my foot and it looks HORRIBLE.  


I chose pink for my cast color.  Of course I did.  I've been watching tons of holiday baking shows and Hallmark Christmas movies.  Sigh.



I'm halfway through the initial healing period so I'll just see what the next three weeks bring.  I'm going back to the doctor next week so hopefully I can get these staples out, get in a boot and in another two weeks, be able to walk around on it.  My knee scooter has been a Godsend as far as my mobility goes and I highly recommend them.  It makes getting around so much easier and helps me to be more independent.

But waaaaaah.  And stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, those cooking shows have given Ginger ideas that will put some extra pounds around my waist. Can't wait! LARRY

    ReplyDelete