Sunday, November 18, 2018

Things that are keeping me sane right now

After you've had surgery, you need a few things to indulge in to make you feel less icky and more like yourself.  Here are some that I've been using and love.


Avocado Honey Rich Water Balm Cream.  I got a sample in my ipsy bag this month and oh my goodness, it was right on time!  I love anything avocado anyway but this stuff is amazing.  It smells good, it goes on smooth and leaves your face (or anywhere, really) soft and moisturized.  We just turned the heat on in the house for the first time this fall and this stuff keeps my skin super hydrated.  A+++++
Brazilian Bum Bum Cream.  I've been using this cream since early summer.  It's a wonderful body cream that is supposed to tighten skin (on your bum! They pronounce it "boom boom" in Brazil, btw).  I don't know about that but I have used it all over because I adore the scent!  Pistachio, almond, vanilla, salted caramel.  I mean, it smells so good, you'll want to eat it.  Don't, though.  Put it on your booty instead!  And your arms, your legs, everywhere.  I took mine to the beach in September.  LOVE!

99% Mermaid Shea Butter Hand Cream from Bath and Body Works.  I picked up a tube the last time I was in there and I absolutely love it.  

Unfortunately, they're all about Christmas right now so you might not be able to find it in the stores anymore.  


Sunlit Apple Blossom scent.  It's like buttah.





I'm really loving the Olay Whipped Body Wash, too!  It makes bathing really easy when you're having to sit astraddle the tub with one foot in and one foot out.  I know, you could have gone all day without that visual.  Larry helped me with all that at first but now I can do it by myself.  Yay for progress!

We had to let our housekeeper go just before I had surgery, which caused all kinds of stress for me.  If you know me, you know I keep a clean house.  I didn't want all that extra work put on Larry and what terrible ti
ming to have to do it now.  But she took money from me for work she didn't do and I can't abide that.  I use the Nextdoor app to stay in touch with our neighbors and the goings on in our neighborhood and I was able to find a lady to replace her!  She came over yesterday and met us and she'll clean for us tomorrow while we're gone to Columbus to the doctor to get these blankety-blank stitches out.  She only charges a dollar more an hour, too.  AND she brings her own lavender-scented cleaning supplies. My favorite scent. Thank you, Lord, for all of your blessings!!

I've been doing some Christmas shopping online, too.  QVC is my Santa! 

1 comment:

  1. Ginger doesn't have wrinkles, and that's genetic, not chemical! Nobody I know enjoys a bath like my baby. And nobody I know likes to peek in on her while she does! LARRY

    ReplyDelete