Sunday, August 20, 2017

Weekend ramblings

We went in opposite directions yesterday, Larry down to south Georgia to take care of some business and I went to Macon to a couple of estate sales with my friend, Debbie.  Larry checked out a sale in Albany that was all furniture (borrrrrring!) and then an antique store on the way home.

Deb and I had the best time!!  We even ran into a local celebrity at one sale and I got a gorgeous rug for our bedroom.  And at the other sale (a beautiful old home on Appleton Avenue, built in 1858, with the heart pine floors and ten-foot ceilings, sigh), I got a pretty red and cream tablecloth for fall, a red and white striped vase that looked like peppermint to me, a smaller throw rug and an aqua paisley throw blanket.

Larry brought home some pretties, too!  I'm slowly decorating the kitchen with chickens and roosters, since this stupid poopoo head county won't let me have chickens (yet) but when they dooooo, my girls are gonna be living in style!  This is what I have in mind.

The Chicken Ranch.  For Omelet, Poppy and Sunny Side Up.

It'll happen.  :)

Anyhow, Larry found some Jadeite Rooster stuff!!  A huge measuring cup/pitcher, a lidded canister and two shakers.  I love 'em!!  They look great in the kitchen window.  And they're perfect for the little Jadeite rooster we got in Florida last summer.


He found a pretty little Napco lady head vase for me, too!  I LOVE her little flippy hairdo!


I have wanted a See Rock City birdfeeder for soooooo long.  Not the birdhouse but a feeder.  Well, yesterday at the first sale Deb and I hit in Macon, this one was hanging in a tree in the backyard and I grabbed it.  The roof is metal, they don't make them like that anymore, so it's old.  It's rusty but, to me, that just gives it character.  It's had a life!  And it's perfect.  I hung it in a tree in our backyard and filled it with bird seed.  I love it.


Larry pulled up the sunflowers today.  I was sad.  But they were dead and needed to come up.  They only bloom once or twice per stalk and they sure did their job this summer!  They were gorgeous.


I've planted some red sunflowers next to the house and I hope they'll grow tall there by Thanksgiving.

Larry added some more new fence this weekend, too.


One lone little wildflower blooming between stones in the backyard.  I scattered wildflower seeds all over the place in the spring and they are finally blooming.  


And these pretty things are two poinsettias I had as decoration on the porch last Christmas!  I just planted them out by the fence and hoped for the best.  I'd never planted poinsettia before.  They seem to love it out there.  I'm excited for them to turn red and bloom.  With our weather, though, it'll probably be January or February. 

2 comments:

  1. The jadeite is very nice! I have another friend who collects heads. You can see them here: https://inklings-house.blogspot.com/2017/07/am-surrounded-by-summer-green-even-in.html I dreamed last night that I went to a tag sale and found a bunch of glasses for the kitchen. It is too bad I didn't make it home with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger is an adventure inside a breathing Southern Belle! LARRY

    ReplyDelete