Sunday, August 13, 2017

My summer reading club

It's nice to still have a little summer left in August and September, when the kids have gone back to school and the neighborhood is quiet.  We're going up to Helen next month and we are really looking forward to it. We've rented a beautiful cabin with a gorgeous view of the Appalachian Mountains.  We are really excited about this little getaway, to visit the little Alpine town and maybe even float down the Chattahoochee!

I started a little summer reading club in June and since it's still summer, I'm still reading!  I've read seven books and I'm on the eighth, a famous children's book that somehow I missed.  I guess I had my head buried deep in my Little House books and just never heard of it.  A Wrinkle In Time.  It's great.  My friend, Allison, told me about it and that they're making it into a movie that will come out in March.  I cannot wait. What an amazing story!!

I picked these up at an estate sale this weekend. A first-edition Fried Green Tomatoes, oh my!  I was so tickled to find it.  I love the book, the movie, the cafe, the tomatoes, going to Juliette, the whole experience. 

Mama Makes Up Her Mind sounds hilarious and it's next in my stack to read. 

I've enjoyed my little reading club so much and the books I've selected that I plan to keep on through the fall and winter.  I used to love to read but I've let other things (ahem, the internet) get in my way.  It's been nice to slow down some with that and bury my head in books again.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting reading in your busy life. Reading was a bigpart of all y'alls growing up. You and Larry enjoy your fall trip. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget The Education of Little Tree!


    ReplyDelete