Sunday, May 15, 2016

Just bluetiful!

There's an old Southern tradition to paint your front porch ceiling blue, supposedly to chase away spirits and to keep wasps and bugs from nesting (supposedly, again, insects feel too high up when your porch ceiling is blue and won't nest there).  While I don't believe in haints (the only spirit in this house is the Holy Spirit!), we have had wasp nests and birds nesting on the porch.  

I just loved the idea of a blue ceiling and keeping close to my Southern roots and since we have this super nice front porch now, we decided to do it!

Larry painted it today and I think it turned out beautiful!!!  We used Valspar's Clear Blue Sky and it's as close to the color of the sky today as we could possibly get.  It's so pretty and bright and it makes me happy just to look at it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment