Wednesday, April 20, 2016

No match for me and Texas Pete!

I planted sunflower seeds Saturday all along the fence in the backyard and Sunday, when I went to check on them and water them, this is what I found.  Every single one, dug up, the shell cracked open and left there, the seed gobbled up.  Every last one.  All the way down the length of the fence.  Grrrrr.

Here's a pic of the shells and how I feel about the whole thing.


I went back to the store, bought some more seeds and I planted five, just to try something.  That something was Texas Pete.  I squirted hot sauce all over the ground on top of 'em.


It seems that squirrels (or whatever it was) don't like hot sauce.  Today, my seeds are still safely in the ground.  :)  

Meanwhile, the roses are blooming like crazy!


And Tabbie Hoffman's still cute.


1 comment: