Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Oh, you pretty thing, you!

I haven't really made it a secret how much I LOVE all things vintage.  My obsession started with a few pretty pillowcases and then I added some Pyrex and now I'm just into anything from the 50's, 60's or 70's.  My plan is to replace most of our house with something vintage (and better!).  I'm a lucky girl that my husband shares my style.  We have collected dishes, glasses, coffee cups, bed linens, tablecloths, curtains, towels & wash cloths (good old made in America Cannon and Fieldcrest!), clocks, what-nots, just all kinds of things.  I get absolutely giddy at estate sales when I raid the linen closets!  

Y'all.  Words can't even express how much I love this 1960's yellow floral sofa I got last week for five dollars!!!  We brought it home today and instead of hiding it in the office, it's sitting center stage in our living room!!  It's perfect.  It looks like it's been under plastic for 40 years.  I still can't believe they let me have it for five dollars.  It's Happy Hour and if you're local and love thrifting, go see what they have.  Happy Hour is a non-profit that trains, hires and loves on people with disabilities.  They provide an awesome service to Houston County and our surrounding communities.  Larry and I just love 'em.  They have a thrift store on Davis Drive in Warner Robins but you have to drive around to the back.  And they're not open all the time so call and check their schedule.  They've changed for fall and winter.

Anyhoo, look at my sofa!!!


Nosey Rosie had to be first!  The cushions on the back are a little threadbare in spots but that is to be expected for a 50-year old sofa!  I'm almost 50 myself.  Just as threadbare as I can be.  A cool little vintage blanket or afghan thrown over the back and no one will be the wiser.  Except for you.  Ha!


I love our little 60's corner!  Sofa, an end table we picked up at an estate sale, yellow rotary phone and depression glass ashtray (that we were using to hold coasters 'cause we don't smoke!)!!


I just love it!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful couch. We had a very similar love seat when we first "set up housekeeping," as the old timers would say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete