Monday, September 1, 2014

Welcome September!

We said goodbye to August and hello to September this weekend.  The first day of September was a hot one, highs in the upper 90's this afternoon and a good rainstorm tonight.  I'm really looking forward to fall this year!  My and Larry's first time at the fair, our first pumpkins and mums on the porch, our first jack-a-lanterns.  We're also hoping to fit a weekend camping trip in up at High Falls as well as the Country Living Fair with Ami and Brian at Stone Mountain toward the end of October.  

We hit some yard sales early Saturday morning and picked up this adorable little vintage Mersman table for five dollars!!  It was in great shape, just a few little dings and scratches that Larry buffed out when we got it home.  Then he rubbed some Old English on it and shined it right on up!  It looks brand new.  I just love it!!  

Saturday afternoon, we went down to Oglethorpe for a family reunion on my mama's side of the family and had the best time!!  I had cousins I hadn't seen in a long time (except on Facebook) and their spouses and babies I'd never met.  I didn't make a Sunday Cake this weekend because I made a birthday cake for the reunion.  We had several folks with birthdays in August, my mama included.  Hers was Saturday, the day of the reunion, and she's never been able to see so many members of her family ON her birthday so it was a great day.  I made The Pioneer Woman's Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever. again and then Larry and I decorated it to kinda look like Banjo's house.  :)


Here's Larry with our baby great-niece, Katie.


And here's Katie with Aunt Ninner.  :)  I love my face in this picture!  I'm like, "somebody needs to come get this heah baby!"   


She wasn't hollering the whole time I held her.  Ha!  Sweet baby girl.


I took this picture of Larry standing out on the dock at Whitewater.  I love how it turned out.


And here's the whole Clark gang!  We had a wonderful time and I'm already looking forward to getting together again.


Today was Labor Day and we did just as little labor as possible.  I made us grilled roast beef and gouda sammiches and we just laid around and watched TV.  A great way to spend the first day of September!  I'm wondering if I get my fall decorations down from the attic this week if that will hurry October up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment