Sunday, January 13, 2013

What up, Buttercup?

So.  Last week I went back to school to take my specialized communications classes (advanced circuit stuff, radar, fiber optics) that were scheduled for 8:00 am - 12:30 pm.  I didn't know HOW on earth I was going to do that after working until midnight every night but I was going to try.  Well, in His usual fashion, the Lord worked that little problem out for me, too.  The five of us co-ops ended up in a class that starts at noon and gets us out of there in time for us to be at work at the base when we're supposed to be.  So, yeah, sleeping until 9:00 every morning is totally working for me.  :)

Working at night has been quite an adjustment for me.  It's different if you stay up past midnight at home doing stuff, which I do, a LOT, and working until midnight.  Very different.  Plus work is so slow, there's not much to do, and that makes for some very long nights.  But when there is something to do, sitting on top of an F-15 underneath a blanket of stars is pretty cool.

I changed my gym time to just before our supper break so I can go to the gym for an hour.  Uncle Sam gives us three hours a week (2 1/2 if you're part-time like I am right now while I'm in school) to go and DO something.  Go to the gym, walk on the track, bowl, whatever you want to do.  However, what 99% of the people out there want to do is just go home early.  I changed my gym time to when the gym is actually open so I can take advantage of it to help with this 40-pound thingy I've got going.  So far, so good.  I've lost 9 1/2 pounds!  The guys at work are absolutely killing me, though.  I LOVE the pizza from Pizza Depot (the pizza place on base).  There is something about that cheese they use.  OMG.  Anyway, they deliver and every night, somebody gets a pizza delivered!  So I'm sitting over there lookin' all pitiful eating my broccoli and cheese while they're inhaling greasy, salty, cheesy pizza.  Ain't fair.  But that's all right.  I've had that pizza before.  :)

Pretty much my schedule right now is go to school, go to work, go to sleep. But I'll be finished with the co-op in May and I'll only have five classes left to get my degree.  (And they're all online!  Yay!!)  And THEN, there'll be the next degree to start on.  I'm thinking aviation management sounds pretty good.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Bless you honey. You will make it . I am glad they and the goodLord worked this out for you. Take care of yourself through all this.Enjoy the gym time. Love you

    ReplyDelete