Wednesday, December 26, 2012

After

I found this online and thought it was cute.  And true!

So if Christmas Eve is like floating on a calm sea, peering up into the stars
And Christmas Day is like a rogue wave that knocks you off your feet and envelops you into a deep dark sea of confusion
Then the day after Christmas is like sitting in a puddle, on a muddy shore, picking sea shells out of your bathing suit.
Beat up, tossed around…recovering from a thrill ride, all at the same time.

As excited as I was for Christmas to come, I'm relieved that it's over.  It wasn't the best Christmas we've ever had.  Anxiety combined with unreasonable expectations and too much sugar can make for not much peace and good will toward men.  Or sisters.

All in all, it was a good day.  We scaled way back on presents and that turned out pretty much perfect.  I got a beautiful, warm scarf, a pair of cute pajama pants and Mama found two more of those Fire-King mugs that I love so much!  I started a collection earlier this year and Mama got me a couple more.  I love 'em!  Mama and Daddy got us all a plate of Mennonite cinnamon rolls (yummmm!) and tons of stuff for our stockings.  

Larry got me a beautiful cutting board made from a slice of an ash tree.  I told him it was too pretty to use!  I'm not about to cut that thing.  Here I am counting the rings with him on the phone.  :)  He also got me a set of ABC cookie cutters and a little spyglass monocular that is so strong, you can see a bug on a tree a half mile away!  SO cool!  He got me a President Obama bobble head doll that I absolutely love, too.  He thought I could put him in situations like I did my Spidey.  I'll have to see what I can come up with...


Santa came to see Tabbie Hoffman, too!


 
This little thing right here was what it was all about, though.  My 3-month-old great niece, Elizabeth AKA Lizzie AKA Bean.  She's so fast just like her mama was so she's teething already and those little hands felt so good to her gums.  

We're really looking forward to sharing many, many Christmases with her.  It's pretty incredible having a baby in the family again.  We had quite the dry spell.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and are excited to see what 2013 brings you.  I know I am!





 

1 comment:

  1. I have two Fire King mugs here, so we can mug across the miles. ;-) Glad you had a merry time! And yes, that quote is pretty accurate. Ours was so slow and we were so tired that we have no memories of any times past eight or so each night. :-D

    ReplyDelete