Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Friday!

Things are boring for me at work.  There's not much that I can do with my broken foot.  I went and inventoried and signed for my new toolbox yesterday and it was delivered to the hangar today!  Got my name on it and everything!  Since I've been working there, I've had a loaner toolbox from the Tool Crib.  This one's MINE.  :)  The tools are basically the same, they're just new(er) and I have a crowbar now!  Yay!!  Crowbars make moving heavy wire harnesses out of the way sooooo much easier.

This week I helped another crew do the inventory kit for their new plane and I cleaned the break room.  Again.  I've been in that building five months and I have never seen another soul cleaning anything in there.  We have a cleaning crew that comes in and runs a damp mop over the floor every day but that's all they do.  Drives me up a tree.  So every once in while, I clean the microwaves and wipe down the seats, tables and counters with some yummy Method or Mrs. Meyer's spray that I bring from home.  A lot of people don't care about it and they've asked me why I do.  I tell them that I don't want to eat my lunch where it's dirty and I've actually been told to just clean the microwave I use, just clean the table I sit at.  I actually don't want anybody eating where it's dirty!  I'm determined to make that hangar a better place to work!!

I have a soldering class three days next week so that'll give me something that I can do.  I LOVED soldering in school.  It was my favorite class next to Alternating Current.  And then when I get back on Thursday, my supervisor has a project for me.  The base has a 6S program (Straighten, Sort, Shine, Standardize, Sustain and Safety) that basically means working smarter, not harder.  It's keeping things safe, clean and efficient.  I talked about this for about half of my interview time and I think that played a huge part in my being selected for the job. It's a pretty big deal out there.  As it should be.  So, that's what I'll be doing until I can get back on the plane.  There are things that have to be done daily, like ensuring the fire extinguishers are not blocked and things that have to be done weekly, like inspecting the floor tape for damage.  




I have to wear my boot for six weeks and my light duty expires on Halloween, unless they extend it for some reason and I sure hope they don't!  I have a week and a half of classes to take in October so that'll help, too. 




 







This little man helps a lot, too.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting to do more. I know you don't like just sitting idle. Don't overdo that foot!! Tabby looks like he is a happy littlekitty and is crazy about you as you are him.Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are finding, at least, "busy" work to occupy your time.
    Your need for cleanliness is just amazing....my Mama was the same way. It's great that you care so much about others, as well as yourself.
    Take care. HEAL, if I was a preacher, that's what I'd say....LOL
    Handsome guy this Tabby sure is.
    LUV ya

    ReplyDelete