Friday, September 28, 2012

Fill in the blank Friday!

I haven't done one of these in a while!  Today's blanks are all about firsts.

My first memory is of me and Ricky at the ages of three and two sitting on the front steps of the house we grew up in, the day we moved in.  I remember Daddy and Uncle Jiggs moving furniture in and Mama having to get us out of their way.  

My first love was my husband, Larry.  I have always been so thankful that I didn't have to kiss a lot of toads to get my prince. 

My first favorite color was purple.  I used to love anything purple when I was a kid!

The first time I really felt like a grown-up, I was nowhere near grown up!  I was ten and Mama let me start supper.  Fried chicken.  That ended up burnt on the outside and bloody on the inside.  Needless to say, Mama had to take OVAH. 

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is feed Tabbie Hoffman.  By the time I wake up, he is bouncing on my head for his can.

The first record/cassette/CD I ever bought with my own money was obviously a record.  A 45.  Michael Damian's She Did It.  In 1981 and I was 14.  I already loved him as Danny on Y&R and I saw him on American Bandstand.  I ordered the record from Tiger Beat magazine.  I still love, love, love me some Danny Romalotti!

My first car was a 1984 Chrysler LeBaron.  June Bug, I called her.  I bought it at Paul Walsh Nissan in Macon when I was 19 and Daddy cosigned for me.  The payments were $209 to C&S Bank.  It was tan with chocolate velour seats and I loved it.  Right after I got it, I was going out to Garden Valley to pick up my friend, Lisa, and she, Audra, Ami and I were going to the movies in Americus.  I hit a huge washout in the dirt road and bent the A-frame.  The steering wheel never was right after that.  I was poor as a church mouse back then and when it came time for new tires, I bought them one at the time from Davis Tire Company in Montezuma.  Every week when I got paid, Mr. Davis sold me a tire.  After a month, I had a new set!  That was a good car.  I brought Odie home to die in it and I drove to see Larry for the first time in it.  Ami and I both got teary when I traded it.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Aww such good and sad memories. Lot of happy times to. Love you

    ReplyDelete