Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let's All Be Women Of Moderation!


We started a new women's Bible study tonight at church and I am SO excited about it!! It's A Woman of Moderation: Breaking The Chains Of Poor Eating Habits. There were 13 of us there tonight and we're beginning an eight-week study about feeding our soul hunger instead of our physical hunger. OR, as you know, just your fat hollerin' "feed me!" when you're sad, stressed or just plain bored. I'm really looking forward to digging in. No pun intended! My friend and coworker, Lisa, is going to be my partner and she is absolutely perfect for this. She already helps me at work so much. I've been stuck at 58 pounds for a while now and I'm hoping this Bible study will help me lose a few more. I think my body is finally comfortable where we are right now. Where we are right now is less than I weighed in high school so I've carried these remaining pounds around with me ALL of my adult life. I would like to lose about 25 more. But will I be "free" then? I don't know. This Bible study is all about putting you in control of food instead of food controlling you, about changing your behavior, changing how you look at and respond to food and asking Jesus to help you with the whole mess. 'Cause you know food addiction is a mess. You read the Bible several times a day and each day is either a Fast Day, a Half Day, a Liquids Day or a Normal Day. Our leader tonight asked us at what clothing size would we feel we were actually FREE, as in free from the bondage of food? I have no idea. I've never been below a 12 in my adult life. I think I wore a 12 in junior high. So I have absolutely no clue. A 10 feels like a good number to me. I was in an 18/20 January 1st and now I'm in a 14. I still have a long ways to go and I'm not even sure if I'll feel free in a 10. What I DO know is I feel better now than I have in my entire life. I've done well on the South Beach Diet but I've hit a major plateau and it's not all the diet's fault. I've let my busy life lead me to some unhealthy choices and some late night eating after class. I've maintained my weight loss all summer but now it's time to get busy again. I'm getting back on track starting tonight!

Here's our first scripture we have to memorize. It's a good 'un!!

Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man that trusts in him, fear the Lord, ye his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing. (Psalm 34: 8-9)

2 comments:

  1. awesome, I love this post, Ginger! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful. You are doing fine the way you are, but that willhelp you in so many ways. To lift you up and give you strength. Love you

    ReplyDelete