Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Cowgirl, Circa 1967

When I was born, my mama got flowers at the hospital in this cute little vase from the folks Daddy worked for. I have always loved it and when I was home today, Mama gave it to me. She's in pretty good shape for an old girl, don't you think?
**********************************************************
I was home today for Brian's Aunt Kris' funeral. She passed away last Monday from a pulmonary embolism following knee replacement surgery. She was only 49. I have been so sad all week because she was such a sweet person and was always looking out for everybody. She was taken way too soon and in such a senseless way, too. I know she had tons of stuff left to do!! I didn't know her that well but I was fortunate enough to have been around her some in the thirteen years that Ami and Brian have been married and I am thankful for those times. Kris was funny, fun to be around and just mothered everybody and everything. She will be terribly missed by everybody who loved her. I didn't think Kris would mind sharing this post with my baby cowgirl. Kris loved her horses and in a way, she was a cowgirl, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment