Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday Salmagundi

I'm having a very much-needed lazy Saturday. Well, as lazy as I can get away with. I've had a long week and didn't rest very well so I just camped out at home today. I slept until noon and although I did drag my butt to the shower, I'm still wearing my pajamas. Last week, I had soldering class on Monday, where I managed to completely burn the top layer off my circuit board in one little place. Them things ain't cheap, let me tell ya. Thank goodness I wasn't graded on it! I just held the heat there too long. I tend to get a little overanxious in soldering for some reason. I want to use too much solder, too much heat, just load it down and burn it up. I gotta work on that. Tuesday, we had CPR recertification at work and Wednesday, I went to the Mellow Mushroom and to the movies with some girls from work. We saw Eat Pray Love and I loved it! It was such a sweet, sweet movie about finding yourself and following your heart. I want to read the book now so I can compare. And then, Thursday, I found out that Larry was scared half to death 'cause he couldn't get me for two days. Adding to all that my trig homework being total frustration and yeah, it was a long exhausting week.

So I stayed home today and slept waaaaaay in, made rosemary chicken in the crock pot, finished my trig homework, cleaned my house, did some laundry and painted my toenails.

My weight loss has slowed down to a turtle crawl, y'all. I FINALLY got to 56 pounds yesterday and while that excited me to no end, it just took waaaaaaay too long. I don't think I've hit a plateau, I think I've hit a concrete wall. I'm trying to work more exercise into my day but with my job, school, homework, LIFE, I just cannot find the energy or the time. Any suggestions??

I registered for fall quarter this week, too. Wow, what a busy week!! I'm taking Alternating Current (AC) three nights a week at the college and a job skills class online. NO MORE MATH!!

I'm getting excited about fall, about summer coming to an end and the air feeling crisp in the mornings. The trees in my yard are already dropping crunchy leaves for me to step on. I'll be digging out my long-sleeved t-shirts in no time!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had such a crappy week!! I am glad you took today for yourself, though. Sometimes you gotta do that for your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your rosemary chicken recipe! My weight loss has slowed down too, but I chalk mine up to the fact that I have really not tried...I've sort been camping out at maintenance while I deal with my summer stressful work schedule. I'm ready now to hit it back up full force again, so WATCH OUT BODY! HAHA! Your schedule is hectic, girl! It is definitely harder to focus on the weight loss when you have so much going on, so if you are at least maintaining for now, take comfort in that. That shows that you have incorporated your good habits for the long haul and that says something!

    Eat, Pray, Love is a great book - haven't seen the movie yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you need another day of rest . Happy about your weight loss. The math gone will be a blessing.Take care . Love u

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to hear from you again. I'm glad you've met your weight loss goal--now we need a photo. ;-) Take things easy.

    ReplyDelete