Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my mama's birthday. I ain't tellin' which one 'cause ladies don't tell. (She's 20 years older than me, though!)

We had a birthday dinner for her and Daddy Saturday and I called her today to wish her a happy birthday but there's nothing like actually being there ON her birthday. I miss that.

You know how people say you turn into your mama as you grow older? I know that I already have! I've always been told and thought I looked most like my daddy's sisters but sometimes, I catch my reflection in a store window and I see Mama. I walk like her, I hold my head like her, I swing my arms like her. I look like my mama. I'm so proud of that. My mama is a very strong, smart, independent, loving, beautiful woman. She will do anything for anybody and she's never met a stranger. She loves everybody and lets them know that. I'm so proud that as I get older, I become more and more like my mama. I can only hope to be a fraction of the woman she is.

Happy birthday, sweet girl. I hope you know how much you are loved.

4 comments:

  1. I thank you for those sweet thoughts. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... I think I teared up some, Ginger! That was too sweet! And I think your mama is a pretty wonderful woman, too! I hope she had a awesome birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Please wish her a happy birthday from me!

    ReplyDelete