Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Still...with the foot

But, there's tomatoes, too!  

So I saw an infectious disease doctor yesterday who debrided my incision right there in the office with some kind of crochet-needle-looking-thing, scalpel, I'm guessing because it cut and it HURT.  I hate when people just start chopping on you and don't tell you what they're doing or WHY they're doing it.  God a'mighty. 

I did like her, though.  She told me she's concerned that my incision is going to bust open when the stitches come out next Thursday because the skin is very thin right there.  Well, duh, I just had a skin graft RIGHT THERE.  I'm so over this whole thing.  Just one thing after another after another.  She wants to put a hard cast on, foot to knee, to immobilize my foot and put me on IV antibiotics for six weeks via a PICC line.  I'm waiting for the call today to tell me when to go to the Wound Care Center for all'a that.

The one thing she told me, that second opinion that backed up our theory all along, was YOU NEVER PUT A HARD CAST OVER A HEMATOMA.  And quite possibly, the hardware used caused this infection.  Soooo many mistakes made with my foot from the very beginning.  This whole thing did NOT have to happen.  I could be frolicking in the sand with my baby next weekend for my birthday but nooooo, I'll be stuck in a cast with a needle buried in my arm. 

But hey!  I have pics to share!  No scary ugly foot pics but pics of plants living their best life with all the rain we've had.  We got our sprinkler system fixed Saturday so no more watering every-dang-thing every day all summer.  Yay.  It was just the control box.  No biggie.

I had almost given up on my little patio jalapeno.  It was a stick!  And now there's one tiny pepper bloom.  No more jalapeno on a stick!  Ha! 



The purple Russian tomato plant is doing great, too!



I'm so proud of the rhubarb!  I'm not looking to actually GET rhubarb this year but next year, she should be ready.  Vicki, that's her name.  :)



Our sunflowers are growing big!!  Every year, something stings the crap out of them and I have to sprinkle diatomaceous earth on them.  Guess it's time for that.



Our first tomatoes of the summer! 


For an early birthday present, Larry gave me a Big Bertha!  A 4-ounce Pyrex casserole dish in the Old Orchard pattern.  He found it IN THE WILD, too.  Incredible.



Annnnnd just because he's as cute as a slice of pumpkin pie with Reddi-wip on top...Tabbie Hoffman wearing my peace necklace.


My boot boot.  <3

1 comment:

  1. Had Mexican omelets this morning with those homegrown maters! Wowzer! LARRY

    ReplyDelete