Friday, June 21, 2019

PICCin' but not much grinnin'

I got a new pink cast on Wednesday and a PICC line put in today.  After the PICC was put in, Larry and I got educated as to how to do it and when and all that.  I'm infusing 100 ml of Ancef every eight hours.  Or 7:00 AM, 3:00 PM and 11:00 PM.  That was best for my sleep schedule.  

The actual PICC procedure didn't hurt that much.  The numbing shot was a little uncomfortable but once I was numb, I didn't feel much.  I was able to watch on the monitor and it was cool to see my ribs and lungs and to see the wire running through there and ending at my ribcage.  

I bled a good bit after the procedure and when they put my first dressing on and then some more when I got home.  It seems to have stopped.  It's 11:20 PM and I'm almost through with my first infusion by myself.  Yay.

I'll go to the Infusion Center once a week to get my dressing changed and once a week to the Wound Care Center to get my wound checked and get a new cast.  They cut off the old cast and put on a new one every week. 

My birthday is Monday and I'll be smack dab in the middle of wound care and IV antibiotics.  

But, Sunday, we're going to see the new Toy Story movie and eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Sweet Baby Jesus, let this be the end.  Let this infection leave my body and allow my wound to finally heal so that I can get back to my life.  Amen.  

1 comment: