Sunday, April 29, 2018

Seeds of hope

I hope we're finally into spring!  We've had such cold and rainy days in between few sunny, warm days that my gardening is off to a slow, late start.  Since I'm growing everything from seed this year, everything seems to be soooo slooooow.  

The sunflowers are doing great, though, and Larry took the netting off today.  The first set of seeds we planted got gobbled up by something.  They ate right through the Texas Pete this year!  Larry put down netting and that seemed to do the trick!  We've got mammoth babies growing tall already.  I'm always so proud of my summer sunflowers.  I can't wait to see these.  

Tabbie loves to lay in the sunflowers, under the windmill, in the dirt.


I was about to give up on these tomatoes and peppers I ordered from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds and just go get me some plants, like I do every year.  They took a while to sprout.  I blame the cold nights and all the rain.  They finally started sprouting last week!  


There's Atomic Grape Tomatoes, Filius Blue Pepper, Tam Jalapeno Pepper and Santa Fe Grande Pepper.  Maybe we'll have something we can eat come August!  Ha!  I bought two huge pots to transplant these into as soon as they're big enough.

1 comment: