Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter weekend

Easter is here again!  We had the best time this morning with our little egg hunt, courtesy of Pawsome Southern Rescue, a wonderful animal rescue here in town.  They would hide 2 dozen plastic, candy-filled eggs in your yard for a $20 donation.  We were so excited when we woke up and saw all the eggs in our front yard this morning!

Tabbie Hoffman wasn't interested in no egg hunt.  He just wanted to roll around on the porch.




Yesterday, we worked in the yard nearly all day long and I got my first sunburn of the year.  I got SO much done, though!  I planted flowers out by the mailbox.  Snapdragons, African and English daisies, lavender, tickweed and candytuft.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out!


I planted my sunflower seeds, too, and doused 'em good with Texas Pete.  That's my "secret" to beautiful, giant sunflowers.  That and Tabbie Hoffman pee.  Works every summer!  This year, we're going to have mammoth sunflowers, "incredible" sunflowers that grow to 20 feet (!) and teddy bear sunflowers.  All mixed up together by the fence.  I'm so excited to see them!!

I also planted calendula, marigolds, larkspur and Shasta daisies in beds in the backyard.  

I've got tomatoes and peppers and wildflowers yet to plant.  Next weekend.  Today is a rest day.  Hope everybody has a wonderful Easter Sunday and never lose sight of the true meaning of Easter.  What joy, what a blessing we have with the TRUTH that Jesus is ALIVE and was resurrected from the dead.  We have a life worth living because HE LIVES!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to remember your sunflower trick! I bought a couple packs of seeds yesterday!

    ReplyDelete