Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fourteen

Larry and I have been married fourteen years today!  In my heart, though, I married him the day I met him, 25 years ago.  He is the love of my life, my best friend, my loudest cheerleader, my rock.  He has so much faith in me and still loves me even on those days when I'm not very lovable.  He thinks I'm beautiful, he thinks I'm a genius and he honestly believes that there's nothing I can't do.  He supported me, encouraged me, when I decided to go back to school when I was trying to get that job at the base and now, three years later, I'm STILL going to school and he still wants to know about my test grades and he's so excited about my radio!

Any couple who's been together 25 years has had their share of heartaches and disappointments but I think Larry and I pretty much have "any couple" beat.  We've had our share and somebody else's, too.  Through it all, though, we've become stronger, more in love and more committed to each other and our marriage.  The best is indeed yet to come.

I just love this song by my cousin, Roy Clark.  



In a heartbeat, sweetheart.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY Anniversary!
    Hope many, many more come your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to two wonderful people in our lives. Hope ya'll's weekend is very good and that the sun shines all day! Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete