Friday, October 11, 2019

Time is just flying by!

I skipped September altogether!  I went back to work on the 3rd and spent the first month working in administration with absolutely NOTHING to do.  Made for very long days.  I moved back into my position as assistant to the Vehicle Control Officer and that's where I wanted and needed to be.  We went and "yard saled" at an F-15 building that's about to be turned over to C-130s and got everything I'd need for the new office.  A desk and chair from the flight chief's office and a filing cabinet from the planning office.  I am set now!  I love the job, I get along great with the VCO and since we've been working together for two years anyway, we hope to turn this into a permanent thing.

I'm still going to physical therapy on my foot twice a week.  They just extended my treatment for eight more weeks so that will be a total of four months' therapy.  I think it's helping.  My range of motion anyway.  They've taught me exercises to try and strengthen my muscles around my ankle to help me with stability, since I'm still wobbly as all get out.  They've suggested shoes (I got the Brooks Ghost 12s and I LOVE them!  Well, the right one, anyway.) and compression socks and we've done fluidotherapy with cellex (which is ground corn cobs that heats up really well) and they're going to cast me for custom orthotics.  I have extremely high arches and cannot find an orthotic that works well for me.  I do like my Vionic and Spenco shoes, though!  I'm supposed to start aquatic therapy (Larry and I LOVED the heated pool at the beach in August and I'm excited to see if I can do more with my foot in the water) later this month. 

Larry ran his very first 5K last Saturday and he did so good!!!  He finished in just over 40 minutes, with absolutely NO training, no practicing, he just got out there and started running.  That was just amazing to me.  It was to benefit the folks at the Georgia Arrhythmia Foundation, the same doctors who performed Larry's ablation in August.  We took Banjo and had a great time.  We even won a door prize!  A big box of Pyrex baking and food containers!  Oh, we thought that was HILARIOUS!!  But we'll sure use 'em!  We don't have much of the new Pyrex stuff, just leftover containers that I buy by the season.  I always have to get those Halloween and Christmas ones.

We went to the fair Wednesday night for a date night supper of corn dogs, hamburgers, black-eyed peas & cornbread and apple dumplings.  Ahhhh, fair food.  Larry had worked down there setting up his job's vending booth in the McGill Marketplace and he'd seen some really cute leopard tops and cardigans he thought I would like.  So we got one.  A lightweight cardigan that fits just right.  ALLTHELEOPARDTHINGS!!  I just love leopard stuff these days and my closet will confirm that fact.  A couple of weeks ago, I got me a pair of fleece leopard britches and I'm just waiting on that first cold snap.

We've made plans to go up to the mountains next month and we are so excited about that!  We rented a house in the woods with a creek and we're gonna enjoy the flea markets and antique stores and the lots of peace and quiet.  Banjo's going, too.  

I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment