Sunday, June 24, 2018

My Walking Dead Birthday!

All I wanted to do this year for my birthday was to go to Senoia to Walking Dead country and eat at Nic & Norman's (owned by director, producer and special effects creator, Greg Nicotero and actor and TWD's Daryl Dixon, Norman Reedus) and do some shopping and sightseeing.  We left this morning, took our time driving up and got to the restaurant at 11:00, right when they opened.  We ordered soup and salad and burgers and then some lobster mac and cheese to take with us when we left.  

I got the Greg's Pick, a blue cheese burger with a salad and Larry got the bison burger with their house sidewinder fries.  


Everything was delicious!  I loved the décor and atmosphere of the restaurant and the music and the service were great, too!  We were the first ones there but it soon filled up.


Our waitress brought me a red velvet Cutie Pies & Cakery (they don't have a website or I'd link it here) cake in the cutest little Mason jar for my birthday.  It was sooooo good.  


We waddled out of there in the heat and man, it was HOTTT, and walked down the sidewalk, popping in at a few shops here and there to cool off.  The Walking Dead gift shop was a block away. 


This. Picture.  I didn't even notice this guy photobombing my picture of Rick's cutout wearing a Terminus BBQ apron (bwahahaha!) until we were on our way home.  HILARIOUS!!


We went downstairs to the museum and got to meet famous Abraham lookalike, Chris Twellman, "German Abe"!  He was super, super nice and talked to us a long time.  He even took our picture in the jail cell!




I like this picture the best of the three German Abe took because you can see Glenn's little bitty self (another cutout) just over Larry's shoulder.  Sigh.  Glenn.

But sadly, everything couldn't be perfect about today.  I got a little too close to a walker and got bit!



Owwww!!!  All these years watching TWD and I let one of them suckers BITE ME.  Naaaaah, not really, there was a makeup artist there and she did this with makeup and latex.  Great job, huh??  So great that German Abe asked me if I'd been bitten by a Brown Recluse.  Ha!  I swear, I was sitting there watching her do it and the dang thing started to HURT.  What the what??  Your brain can do some crazy things to you.

We left town and drove to THE WALL AROUND ALEXANDRIA!!  I was SOOOOO excited to see it!!  And this pic here??  I was peeking in between the cracks and I could see Alexandria in there!!  The best part of this day.  Hand's down.  Or up!  Ha!


Here's Larry pretending to try to get the gate open.  So funny!


Shut yo' mouf.  That's the wall!!!


And this is something we haven't seen!  The windmill, which means they have time jumped and they have begun "a key to a future" from Georgie's book.  


Oh, we had such a blast in Senoia!!  Just a couple of crazy fans seeing where it all happens.  Couldn't have asked for a better birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Field trip! It was spectacular to walk where the walkers walked. And to see Ginger's awesome smile. LARRY

    ReplyDelete