Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fall is in the air...somewhere

It's been in the 90's this weekend but I still put some fall stuff out anyway.  Maybe we can hurry it along??  It is the 25th of September, after all.  By the way, on this day, 28 years ago, I met my Larry.  So there's that, too.  Never could we have dreamed all those years ago what our life would be like now and what we would have to overcome and endure to get here.  God has blessed us beyond our wildest, craziest dreams and sometimes I still pinch myself and my eyes get all teary when I think of how blessed we really are.

So.  This is what I did around the homestead, trying to get this fall ball a'rollin'.





Yesterday, we went to an estate sale in Macon and got some cute stuff!  

This is so adorable to me!  It's a little Mexican guy, complete with sombrero and poncho!


But underneath all that colorful crochet is a bottle of hot sauce!  I thought it was the cutest thing.  Larry found it.  He always finds the coolest stuff.
 

I just fell in love with this pretty Maltese cross necklace.  I don't even wear necklaces much but I couldn't leave this one behind.


This little beaded candle holder was my favorite find of the day!  It looks right at home next to my vintage big-eyed girl litho print. 


Super weird 1972 Miller Studio Sun Boy chalkware.  He's right at home in our kitchen.  :)


I told Larry I was gonna add a red apostrophe to "chicks" 'cause I'm OCD about such things.  
 
 
My butterfly flowers are finally blooming and I've seen a few butterflies flitting around out there.  Hopefully we still have time for a butterfly oasis before it gets too cold.


2 comments:

  1. Love your fall goodies and sale finds. The beaded holder and sun boy are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful couple of decades its been! LARRY

    ReplyDelete